Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Back to Argentina

This is Mike...
Elise and the girls are safely back home so I drove through central Argentina, crossing their version of our Midwest. Ag land everywhere, wheat, corn, cows, you name it Central Argentina has it. After two and a half long days of driving I crossed the Agricultural belt with lots of bugs on the windshield, a nail in the tire, I still made it in one piece. It was raining so hard in San Luis, where I stayed for the night, I thought the town was going to wash away. The thunder and lightening of the evening were amazing and punctuated already deep sadness I was feeling after seeing my girls fly off in the magnificent sunshine of Chile. It wasn't all bad though, as I received a call from my wife and kids saying they are having a wonderful time with the neighbors, of whom, were very happy to see them again.
   It's just not the same seeing the sights without the kids eyes glowing and my wife's subtle smile. I know it will get easier, but for now, instead of 4 souls 1 dream it feels more like one hairy dude in a truck. I am looking forward to seeing new things though. It will get easier and after I sell the truck I can go home and see what the future will bring. I am so blessed to have a family that wants to be with me, wants to do things with me. I know the teenage years are coming and I will eventually be as popular as the plague but until then I am enjoying this without end.

The colors of the Andes are amazing.

The snow capped mountains from the Argentine side of the Andes

Protesters closed down the highway near Mendoza which is always appreciated by the commuters.

The rain filled the streets in San Luis.

Wide open spaces and agricultural land for 1,000 kilometers.

Ranch land was abundant in Argentina.

The grounds were soggy wetlands the closer to Buenos Aires I drove.
     


No comments:

Post a Comment