Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Granada

This is Elise.  We made it to Granada, Nicaragua from El Cuco, El Salvador in one day.  I am so happy to be out of El Salvador!  This is a much nicer country in every way.  The people are friendly and warm.  The countryside is beautiful.  It was a long unpleasant day but we made it through.  Yesterday I think I was close to a nervous breakdown.  I could not relax at all in El Salvador and the last week in Guatemala was not good either.  Granada feels so much better.  This is the Central America we were looking for.  As much as I wanted to like Guatemala, I did not.  Then, we had to pass through El Salvador and Honduras.  It felt like we were in the Congo.  It is that undeveloped and just feels weird and unsavory.  This country just looks and feels so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment