Translate

Friday, April 29, 2016

Tengo dos costillas rotas (I have two fractured ribs)

This is Mike...
Well, now that I am able to walk a little better I went down to the radiology center to determine what is going on with my ribs. They took an X-ray image and it appears I have two hairline fractures on the 11th rib and also on the false rib just below. The doctor informed me of some options like wearing a girdle-type garment to hold my ribs and stomach snug. He also mentioned getting a CT scan to determine if other measures are necessary. Right now, I will pass on both options as I could not even imagine wearing anything tight like a girdle in this climate nor do I see obtaining a CT is of any value. I will continue popping opioid pain meds until I either become a great artist or my bowels explode due to constipation. Even after consuming biblical amounts of Miralax, the fact I cannot squeeze my stomach leaves me in a tough position, if you know what I mean.  
   The experience was as positive as one could expect given that I had to visit a doctor. Having said that, the total waiting time for an unscheduled visit was under 30 minutes. Fees, including doctor visit and X-ray were $20 out the door.

X-ray tech

I am holding the X-ray image.
    

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hộ hàng mỹ từ trang ebay vn cùng với dịch vụ mua hộ hàng mỹ về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete