Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Letter to the tooth fairy

This is Mike...
My 10 year old daughter wrote an adorable apology letter to her tooth fairy, whom she named, Buttercup. The letter, pictured below, reads:

Dear Buttercup, (Tooth Fairy)
I have swallowed my tooth. Please don't get mad at me. I will tell you how it happened. I was eating and talking at the same time, and I forgot about my tooth. Next thing is that I swallowed and right afterwards I took my tongue to wiggle my tooth...and it was gone! I looked for it but I couldn't find it. A minute after I lost it, I felt bad in my stomach. Sorry!
                                                                                                      Love, Sierra

Sierra also had questions for Buttercup like:

Is your hair brown?
Are there other tooth fairies for other people?
How big are you?
Where do you live?

Sierra also drew a picture of herself so that the tooth fairy would not mix her up with Zoe, who shares the same room.
Sierra also left additional space for Buttercup to make notes and to share anything else on the tooth fairy's mind.


The sweetness and innocence of the letter reminds me why childhood is so precious and why so many parents around the world wish their children would not grow up so fast. There is plenty of time to be an adult. Until then, encourage the young to enjoy childhood.  




No comments:

Post a Comment