Translate

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Ox drawn carts and horse drawn hearses

This is Mike...
   For some reason, that I have yet to discover, I really dig ox drawn carts. Some men like red fire trucks or steam engine locomotives, I happen to like carts pulled by oxen. Every time I see them on the road I wave to the drivers. My wife and kids think I am a dork, but I don't care. These carts are slow and steady and the animals work very hard. There is a lot to appreciate about them even though the carts are not as decorated as they are in Costa Rica. Maybe they are symbolic of a bygone era, I will never know. In the meantime, I will continue waving and appreciating the old timers working their oxen in such a stylish way.

Old transport shares the highway with modern transport.

Oxen are used to pull, harvest and deliver items throughout the land.
   Though I am always happy to see ox drawn carts, I wouldn't be so happy to see a horse drawn hearse show up in front of my house. The horse drawn hearse waits for the call to pick up those who expired. I guess if you see the horse drawn hearse galloping through town you'd know business was booming. Other than that scenario, I can't imagine too much excitement really happens when operating a hearse business. However, for the owners of the hearse business it is at least a recession proof industry.

The hearse was en route for a pick up
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment